The Halifax Seaport Farmers’ Market has launched an initiative to connect primary producer vendors with customers during the COVID-19 pandemic. Customers can pre-order goods from websites or online platforms of participating vendors and pick those goods up at the Halifax Seaport Farmers’ Market shipping containers outside of the Market building at a designated date/time.
‘Pod’ areas are available to vendors to facilitate this customer pick-up only service Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. until noon and 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. Vendors deliver the order to the waiting customer at the designated pick-up point.
The vendor schedule below will be updated weekly. Here is who will be at the Market the week of August 10:
Order Cut-off Date
|Seafoam Lavender Farm Ltd.||https://lavendercanada.com/||#2||Thursday, August 13 at noon||Friday, August 14||2 p.m. to 4 p.m.|
Please note: The Market will be open for vendors to distribute from Monday to Friday, check the vendor schedule weekly for attending vendors.
How It Works / Shipping Container Pick-up Process
- The customer places an online order with a participating vendor
- The customer is advised by the vendor which shipping container they are to use to receive the order and at what time.
- The customer arrives at the designated time to pick up the order.
- Physical distancing markers will be in place to manage customer line-ups.
- The vendor will acknowledge the customer through eye or verbal contact before placing the order in the designated drop-off area.
- The customer is to retrieve the order and exit the waiting area.
Customers who require assistance picking up their order are advised to contact the vendor and make appropriate arrangements.
Trunk Pick-up Process (for accessibility needs)
- The customer advises they have accessibility needs when placing an online order with a participating vendor
- The customer will receive a designated parking space location and pick-up time from the vendor.
- The customer is to travel to the Halifax Seaport Farmers’ Market and park at the designated parking space.
- The customer is to open their trunk or hatch when they see the vendor exiting the shipping container and approaching the vehicle
- The vendor will place the order in the vehicle.
A map of the layout is below highlighting doors, parking and trunk pick-up parking spaces. Customers are not allowed to park in the fire lane directly in front of the Halifax Seaport Farmers’ Market building.
Click here to review the COVID-19 information and to see the Market tenants’ hours of operation.